If you got bitten by a snake, what would you do in response? Probably not bite it back, right?
Well, that’s exactly what a little girl in the village of Kantar in Bingol, Turkey did when she was bitten by a snake while playing in the backyard of her home.
According to reports, neighbors had heard a scream and came running to see what all the commotion was about, to only find the two-year-old girl – only identified as “SE” – clamping down on a snake between her teeth, with a bite mark on her bottom lip.
Apparently, the toddler’s bite was vicious enough to severely injure the reptile, with the neighbors then coming in to make sure that it was dead before performing first aid on the child and calling for the help of paramedics.
SE was then rushed to Bingolg Maternity and Children’s Hospital, where she was placed under observation for 24 hours. Thankfully, the child has since been confirmed as well and recovering, and her relieved father attributed her safety to divine intervention.
“Allah has protected her, really,” he said. “Our neighbors have told me that the snake was in the hands of my child, she was playing with it and then it bit her. Then she bit the snake back as a reaction.”
Indeed, the child was pretty lucky, all things considered. While there were no further details given about what species of snake was involved, or how severe the bite was, it can be surmised that it probably wasn’t the kind with lethal venom, as evidenced by the outcome.
Still, this should serve as a reminder to parents to always keep an eye on your kids, even within the safety of your own homes, lest something like this happen and the snake unfortunately turns out to be of the venomous variety.