This story was published in a local newspaper of the area of Malaysia, one of the places with the largest number of giant cobras in the world. In mid-September, a father and son were traveling in the forest to relax. Then suddenly theyI saw a cobra up to 30kg. The two were so scared and surprised that they ran away. However, on the way, the son had a stroke and sprained his leg.
Then because to solve and bring safety to people in the surrounding area when going into the forest, the two decided to continue into the forest and track down this giant cobra to bring it to a safe area. .
After about 2 hours of searching in the surrounding area, the two people found cobras around the area and their nest. These cobras live under the surrounding leaves. and nests in caves deep in the ground.
It is known that the aforementioned giant snake “monsters” have appeared here for a while, living in the hollows of the earth, bushes, eating rats and livestock of households around the village.
After being caught these snakes began to spit venom at the two people. Fortunately, the two were able to dodge quickly.
When asked about the situation of two people when they were poisoned by a cobra, experts said.
“Like other venomous snakes, the Mozambican spitting cobra can bite humans. In fact, in South Africa, along with the spitting snake and dagger snake, they are responsible for the vast majority of snakebites in the country. However, if threatened, they will spit their venom first. the snake moved.
“Cobras don’t spit as an attack but purely for self-defense. Most of the time, that allows them to get away from dogs without getting hurt,” Evans said.
Venom is more pleasant than a bite because it is rarely life-threatening. However, the person hit by the spray still experiences pain. “I’ve heard some people get red or itchy if they get snake venom on their skin. I have been sprayed in my mouth and found it extremely bitter. The venom in the eyes is also a problem. The burning sensation is as if there is a lot of pain. a lot of sand in my eyes. It’s horrible. I’ve been sprayed a few times while working. I never want to experience it again,” Evans shared.
Graham Alexander, a professor of herpetology at the University of the Witwatersrand, said he has been bitten by snakes several times throughout his career. “If you get sprayed on your arm, where the skin is very thin and sensitive, the snake venom can cause swelling for a while. If the venom hits your eye, the pain is immediate and you’ll be sick for a few days. a few days, depending on the amount of venom. However, you will not die or go blind,” Alexander said.